Computer Chess has made a tremendous amount of progress in recent months. And especially, Leela Chess! Earlier, Leela Chess ala lc0 only worked on special hardware.
But recently, its been made to work on Android too! This is fantastic news for so many Android users, which means the Engine can run natively on the phone (without connecting to any cloud service to run the engine)
- This only works for Analyze This on Android. Not in the Analyze This iOS app.
- Its still a work in progress and these are not official builds. Means there could be some problems that you may encounter
- Thought lc0 did beat Stockfish earlier, but we cannot currently expect that kind of performance on our smartphones, since lc0 really is powerful when running on a GPU. For the most powerful analysis need, Stockfish would still be a better option for your phone. If you need variety or more human like moves, then go ahead and try lc0.
- So lc0 will still be quite weak, but it can very well perform at a GM level, depending on your device.
- The below download links have a built-in "weights file". In the near future, via an app update, we will provide an option such that you can specify a different weights file for varied strength.
To run lc0 engine in Analyze This app (both Free and Pro version):
DOWNLOAD OPTION A (Download on PC. Unzip. Copy to phone)
STEPS IN ANALYZE THIS APP
Or you can also play a few games using the Play This Side option!
HOW TO PLAY
Tap the name of the Engine and choose Play This Side. Engine will play the currently selected side, while you can make moves for the other side!